Lawn Waste Pickup
(On your normal pick-up day. See bottom of this page for the schedule)
Effective June 28, 2011, the Robinson City Council passed RESOLUTION 2011-R-12, A Resolution Concerning the Disposal of Tree Branches, Yard and Garden Waste and Lawn Trimmings in the City of Robinson, Illinois. The resolution states:
1. The City of Robinson shall provide a limited service to its residents for disposal of tree branches, yard and garden waste and lawn trimmings by picking up, at the curb, on a weekly basis, such tree branches, yard and garden waste and lawn trimmings, only of such items are bagged or securely tied in bundles not to exceed 5 feet in length, such bags and bundles not to exceed 50 pounds in weight.
2. The City of Robinson shall provide a disposal site for its residents only, for such fallen trees, tree branches, yard and garden waste and lawn trimmings and shall provide access by its residents only to said disposal site daily for 7:00 am until 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday and from 7:00 am until 3:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday, with the City of Robinson to provide such surveillance of the disposal site as it shall determine to be necessary.
3. The City of Robinson shall provide unto each ward one day in the spring and fall of each year wherein the City of Robinson shall pick up from the curb and dispose of tree branches, yard and garden waste and lawn trimmings at no cost to its residents, with advance notice being given of the dates and times of such pick up service.
4. In the event of a storm or other weather related event that creates excess waste, the Mayor of the City of Robinson may declare that a tree disposal emergency exists, and in that event, the City of Robinson shall pick up from the curb of its residents such tree and tree branches that have been damaged or destroyed by such storm and weather event, and in that event the Mayor shall declare the date and time of the commencement and ending of such pick up.
5. Recreational fires within the city limits of Robinson, Illinois, shall be permitted except when a proper governmental authority has declared that due to weather conditions, no burning shall be allowed, provided that such recreational fires shall be confined to a pit or enclosure so as to inhibit the spreading of such fire.
6. Excluded from the service provided by the City of Robinson shall be such tree branches, yard and garden waste, lawn trimmings and other waste that is the result of work performed on a commercial basis.
Residents will be notified when fall pickup of leaves by vacuum truck will begin. Leaves must be raked (free of all other debris) to the edge of the street, not in the street. Leaves that are bagged or boxed will be picked up on a weekly lawn and garden schedule. Weather permitting, leaf pickup will continue through December.
|Ward 2 (Southeast section)||Monday|
|Ward 3 (Southwest section)||Tuesday|
|Ward 4 (Northwest section)||Wednesday|
|Ward 1 (Northeast section)||Thursday|