City of Robinson to Accept Police Department Applications
Applications for the position of police officer for the City of Robinson are now be accepted until 3:00 pm Friday, July 25, 2014. Base salary starts at $45,780.80 per year with scheduled increases after one year with certification. Applications may be printed online or obtained at the Robinson City Hall, 300 South Lincoln Street, Robinson, IL, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 am through 4:00 pm. The City of Robinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications (in a sealed envelope) can be mailed or delivered to:
City of Robinson
“Police Employment Application”
PO Box 188
Robinson, IL 62454-0188
City of Robinson
Police Officer Requirements
* U.S. Citizen
* Be at least 21 years of age at time of employment
* Be less than 35 years of age at time of employment, unless currently certified as a police officer
* Have at least one of the following (check all that apply)
- A minimum (60) semester hours of college credit, or its equivalence in quarter hours, or
- A graduate of a full-time law enforcement academy in Illinois, or another state (does not include any part-time program or “fast track” program), or
- One (1) year of military service with an honorable discharge or a general discharge under honorable conditions.
* Must have never been convicted of a felony
* Must have never been convicted of domestic violence related charge
* Possess a valid driver’s license
* Pass the Police Officer Wellness Evaluation Report test
* Pass the written examination with a score of at least 70%
* Complete the Applicant Information Sheet and subsequent background investigation
* Pass a polygraph examination
* Complete Oral Examination process
* Pass a medical examination and drug test by a physician appointed by the City
* Must establish and maintain their primary residence not more than seven (7) miles from the city limits of Robinson, Illinois, and within in the boundaries of Crawford County. Such residency must occur within twelve (12) months of employment.
* Enter into a two (2) year contract with the City of Robinson
* If applicable, be accepted and graduate from and police training academy certified by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
* Pass the State of Illinois Police Certification Test.